ORSA (Own Risk & Solvency Assessment)
ORSA is an internal process to assess an organization’s risk under normal and severe stress scenarios. The ORSA (Own Risk & Solvency Assessment) report requires insurers to analyze all reasonably foreseeable and relevant material risks (i.e., underwriting, credit, market, operational, liquidity risks, etc.) that could have an impact on their ability to meet its policyholder obligations. This workshop teaches how to orchestrate cross functional collaboration needed to compile the necessary elements and how to construct an annual Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Report. Participants will create a project plan/timeline for annual ORSA cycle to anticipate and coordinate activities with their stakeholders.
RIMS Members: $1,860 USD | Non-members: $2,280 USD (review registration details below)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course provides the knowledge, skills and best practices to orchestrate cross functional collaboration needed to compile elements and construct an annual Own Risk & Solvency Assessment (ORSA) Report. These include:
- The knowledge, skills and relationships learner needs to know for tasks/process steps to build ORSA Report.
- Resources and relationships within organization learner needs to facilitate/access to enable execution of ORSA Report assembly.
- Standards, metrics and guidelines learner needs to apply to draft ORSA Report and defend it with regulators.
This workshop is designed for any individual who needs to build an ORSA report within their organization. The course also includes the following topics:
- Risk governance, data collection and reporting systems design
- Development of risk governance practices and processes
- Incorporation of risk practices into organizational processes
- Project and performance management
- Risk assessment methods and techniques
- Data interpretation
- Risk modification
Participants engage in activities and interactions designed to reinforce course concepts. RIMS professional instructional designers construct the activities so that the attendees learn from each other as well as from the experienced facilitators. Examples of exercises include:
- Identify key items to include in creating and conveying background information to stakeholders
- Executive Summary of Business Strategy & Risk Exposure
- Case study with group on how to ensure effective of company’s risk management system
- Individual exercise on specialist network and team development
- Individual exercise on identifying methods implanted to diversity risks
- Individual exercise on solvency methodology
- Final lab: in groups they will complete an ORSA simulation lab
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Senior/executive level with a good understanding of risk management
- Professionals who want to gain a better understanding of ORSA report process within their organization
- Online, instructor-led
- Interactive Zoom meetings
- Two sessions with 15 total hours of training
- Two 15-minute breaks and a 45-minute lunch
- Group exercises, polling and chat
November 17 – 18, 2021
For registration assistance, please contact our Client Services Team at CST@RIMS.org.
Cancellations and Refunds
RIMS reserves the right to cancel a course if conditions warrant. In the event of such a cancellation, registration fees will be refunded.
All requests for refunds or changes must be submitted in writing to RIMS at pd@RIMS.org. Registrants who cancel 15 business days or less prior to the start of the workshop can send a replacement from their company or receive credit to attend another workshop with the same duration and cost within a year of the cancelled registration. Please note if the member rate was paid for the original registration and you elect to send a replacement or transfer the credit to another employee of your organization who is not a member, an additional fee will be charged to offset the difference between the member and nonmember rate. No refunds will be issued for cancellations less than 15 days from the start of the workshop.